Ingredients for making Cauliflower Fritters (Pokoda):
- Cauliflower - 1 medium sized full
- Onion - medium size 1 (chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Cilantro - few chopped finely
- Pepper - a pinch
- Bengal Gram Flour (kalalai mavu) - 2 cups
- Corn Flour 0r Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Salt (according to taste)
- Baking Soda - a pinch
Method for making Cauliflower Fritters(Pakoda):
Step 1: Cut Cauliflower to florets and cook in microwave for 6 minutes or cook until its half done.
Step 2: Drain the water completely and let it cool.
Step 3: Cut the Cauliflower florets to 1 inch size and then add the ingredients to it and form a crumbled .(powdery mixture) Sprinkle as little water as possible.
Step 4: Heat oil and deep fry the Cauliflowers in oil and remove them when they are reddish brown in color. Serve as Starters or Side Dish.