- Garbanzo Beans/ Chick Peas - 1 cup ( soak in 3 cups of waters for approx 6 hrs)
- Onion - 1 medium ( peel and cut in to small pieces)
- Tomato - 2 medium ( cut in to small pieces)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece ( peel and cut in to small pieces)
- Coriander seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- 2 Dried Red Chili or 1/2 Teaspoon Chili powder( adjust according to the desired spiciness)
- Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - a small stick
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Anise Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro a little (to Garnish)
Method for making Chole:
Step 1: Pressure cook the pre-soaked Garbanzo Beans for 20 minutes or until cooked. (such that it retains it shape).
Step 2: Cut the Onions and Tomatoes.
Step 3: In a pan add 2 Teaspoons of Oil and Add the cut Onions and Fry till they become transparent then add ginger and then cut tomatoes to it and cook till they become mushy. To that add the other spices -cumin seeds, coriander seeds, anise seeds, cardamom, Cinnamon, cloves. Fry for a minute or till a nice aroma comes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
Step 4: In the pan, add 1 Tablespoon of oil heat it, then to that add the grounded ingredients then add the cooked Garbanzo Beans add little water to adjust the consistency (the end result should be thick consistency)
Yesterday i cooked Chole for dinner and i served this as a Side dish for Hamburgers Bun